Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Great Racing Weekend

I didn't think I would get through it, but I've managed to survive the four-race weekend.  A great deal of thanks to Josh, John, and Darlene for their assistance in tagging, editing, and uploading photos from the Race Revolutions Emma's Revenge Trail Run, Emma's Revenge Mountain Bike Race, Xterra Triathlon, and the Red Licorice Events Sweet & Twisted Triathlon.

We're putting the finishing touches on today's races, but yesterday's are online and available for viewing.  It was a lot of fun shooting with Andrew yesterday, and Josh this morning.  I tried something a little different with the finish photos from Sweet & Twisted: I set the 1Ds Mark III low to the ground on a tripod, rigged a Pocket Wizard that was triggering two Alien Bees strobes, and had a remote to trigger the camera.  I held this in my left hand along with the 1D Mark III so I could still work the zoom, but fire the other camera with my index finger.  It allowed me to cover a lot of competitors with both close-ups and full-framed finish.  The results so far look pretty good and I'm looking forward to trying it again.  The photos should be up very soon at http://tinyurl.com/29xkpdy.

Hope to see you out on course again soon!

1 comment: